Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What's in a Title anyway?

I don't have a title today. I am rambling along & talking about everything & nothing. Maybe I should have called it that. Maybe I will need that title more another time? Nothing like small minds & smaller imaginations. :)

Cooking has never been my favorite chore. We have always hosted the huge family holiday gathering, having the only house large enough to gather the relatives. I also had an arrangement at one of the assisted living centers that we would welcome any able bodies residents that wante
d to be part of a family for the holiday. Many lovely people simply outlive all family

I would assign the children / grandchildren to an older guest with the knowledge they alone were responsible for the guest’s comfort. I wanted the children to realize that sometimes life happens & the person is still a worthwhile & productive member of society. Advancing age brings diminished eye sight , a tremble to an aging hand, & a slower step ….but the mind still receives a kind word & is nourished by such.


Today’s cooking consists how to use up that second pork chop I cooked yesterday? Cooking for one has its own challenges.


Did I mention I am rambling today?


I worked on the border for “Passing Fancy’ yesterday & have one almost complete. I will leave a slight amount open at each end (since I altered the size of the center blocks) until after attaching the corners.

I really do not like to frog but would rather do that than cook.(see how well that hooks up to what I was talking about earlier? :) ) I placed it against the un-joined blocks & I think I will like it just fine. Probably should have pressed that border before adding a px. Oh well....














“Diversity” …Block 2 : “Celebration of American Life”

If I look at this online everyday, perhaps it will help me decide how to sash?

Pictures (even lousy photography like mine) show faults the naked eye does not see?



2 comments:

  1. Well I'm not seeing any faults with your stitching or your rambling :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "untrained" eye - meaning the one that didn't make the block - sees no mistakes or faults - it looks spectacular.

    ReplyDelete