Monday, July 19, 2010

Rye Grass

This is little abt quilting, me, or the Grandbabies...Rye GRASS is what it is abt.

I am busy out in the flower beds, abandoned the pleasure of quilting for a less fun thing. Sigh, some things must be done, want to or not.

Because this is a non-brain cell event, it allows me to ponder the many things toward solving the problems of the world. It also allows me to ponder strange things...such as...gender. Yep, gender , as in male & female. (Don't get all alarmed, I always write out a tidy post!)

I wonder why.........
It was decided the U.S. (Uncle Sam) would be a male?
Why is the moon considered a man?
Did you know Sam Elliot is doing Dodge commercials? Fabulous growl he has for a voice!
Why "Old Man Winter" became a male?
Planes during WW ll were designated female?
As far as I recall, Sacajawea & Susan B. Anthony are the only females to appear on US coins?

The Chinese always name their years. Here in the Cactus Patch where I live, my lawn is well maintained but it is still : The Year of the Weed, 2010.

This list could go on & on. Truth is, I am putting off going pull rye grass. So what gender do I think Rye Grass is?

A FRAZZLING THANG, of course! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have yourself a great day! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Block", "Cats & Mice"

1 comment:

  1. Yep, ponderings are good. I agree about the year in weeds AND crabgrass....which I think are female as Mother Nature is certainly being fruitful!!

    Crispy

    OOPs, almost forgot to say "Lovely Block"!!

    ReplyDelete