Thursday, July 29, 2010

What a difference a day makes...except in summer!

Good Morning from Texas!
The humidity slaps you in the face the minute the door is opened & saps the air you try to breathe right on away. I am no longer fond of summers as I was in younger days but this year has really sapped & drained me. I know the rest of the population has also suffered likewise. Whatever happened to our drier dessert climate? I wish it would return!

The mowing service comes today. I am always glad to have the lawn manicured & tidy. I used to do the mowing & enjoyed it. I like the comfort of the A/C better today. :)

I noted yesterday the Pampass Grass is putting on new heads.

The next person that mentions making curtains to me is going to get a knot slapped on their little pointed heads. I sew one stitch & frog stitch 10 stitches. I have no idea why I cannot seem to proceed as this is basic 5th grade school sewing.
Well, now..... I've answered my own problem...this is beyond my basic sewing skills these days. :)

Thanks for coming by! Wishing you a great day from Texas!

One block: "Chinese Coin" from "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler" by Jennifer Chiaverini:

4 comments:

  1. Another pretty block. Your colors are soooo much prettier than the original quilt.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make me want to start another Sylvia's. It's still one of my favorites I've made to date. It hangs on my bedroom wall currently and every night I admire a different block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Riley,
    Your block is pretty. Try stepping back from the curtain making for a day or two. Sometimes when I am having trouble with a project, just taking a break helps. I have done this with Jeremy's quilt. Now I am ready to start back and surely will have less ripping out to do. It gets pretty discouraging when you have to rip and redo every seam once or twice. The heat and humidity about sapped my strength yesterday. Today I am just wiped out, so some quilting for me today. Isn't that a shame? LOL Have a great day. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riley, I love your block. The blues look so cool and serene on this hot summer day.
    I agree, this humidity is yucky. It's a couple of degrees cooler here than the last few days, so I thought I would get out there and do the yard work. When I came inside I was drenched. I'm looking forward to fall :)

    ReplyDelete