Thursday, July 22, 2010

Big Sassy

The table came in yesterday for the Janome I named Big Sassy. Everything is given a name here.

My children suggest that perhaps I have finally lost "IT" in buying a machine of this caliber when I am almost primarily a hand piecer. (The joke is on THEM because I never had "IT" to begin with! :) ) The dealer made this as part of my purchase price & it is a nice lengthy table. (Nice place to lay the blocks I am hand piecing. :) )

I have to say the service provided by this dealer is beyond anything short of a miracle. They brought this machine out to my house so I would not have to lift it(it weighs a ton ),unpacked it, set it up, & the same for the table when it came in yesterday. They have called several times to tell me the table had not come in yet & was the Janome performing to my liking? Touching base, in other words.

I have always thought the key to a successful business was the advertising by the patrons, along with the product, of course. If I am unhappy with a service or product, I tell it to the world. By the same token, I double the efforts to spread the word of fabulous service.

So, what will a hand piecer like myself make with Big Sassy? Hmmmmm....
I guess I need to try to learn how to use her? I think I will see if I can make a set of curtains for Sissy's (g-granddaughter) room to go with her Sunbonnet quilt. I don't really like to sew curtains, but I might could force myself.
I talked to her mother & her mother loved the idea. I thought I would run a row of 4 patches across the bottom of the curtains to match the 4 patches I put on the border of the quilt. Sissy has 2 small , short windows(36 X 72) in her room. If it does not look well, not too much ventured.

The Fibby Weather People tell us we have a chance of showers tomorrow. I have decided if I see rain falling outside the window, it is raining. If I do not see rain falling, it is not raining.

Wishing ya'll a good day from Texas & a smile to brighten your day!

Big Sassy, sitting in her table: It is abt 45" long, she has a knee lift that is not in this px.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Block 10.."Humor", from the book "Celebrations of American Life"

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a great machine and table too. How big is the throat? It looks like 9" or so. I agree about customer service and it's importance. Hard to find these days, but I certainly get the word out when I do find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Janome company. That machine is awesome. You will have lots of fun learning to use it. I use my machine during the day and do handwork in the evenings. Works for me. Another gorgeous block. Have a great day. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for you!! I would love to have the table to put my little featherweight on :0)

    Another great block too!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete