Tuesday, July 20, 2010

'Passing Fancy' in the works

The day is about to begin & it holds the promise of another warm one across the Cactus Patches of Western Texas. The one thing to be eternally thankful for is that Texans are as prepared for heat as anyone can be with our A/C units, fans, & any other means available. Those poor folks that are not used to such heat are not so fortunate. Summer calls for heartiness in the heat belt as much as the winter time in the cold climates.

On to quilting & playing:
I layed out the blocks is some order of a possible joining yesterday. I use this bed to house my projects so that as I walk by, I get an idea of how it might look as a bed quilt. Easy to move a block here & reverse the order over there, etc.

One of the few advantages of living alone is no one bothers anything ....except me. The little "NOT ME" character that once lived with us when the daughters were young has moved on to other more lively places. You know the one...you ask "who did this mess? "& the usual answer was..."NOT ME!"

I do believe I have the corner unit upside down in this photo? (frown at myself) I will look at this for a day or so, make any adjustments I deem needed. Perhaps join the center blocks in some type of this order before working on the other 2 applique borders.

There is something quite soothing in the rhythmic joining of leaves to the background. Perhaps it is the same shape that allows the mind to wander where it takes itself.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Block 8:" Thrift" from the book: "Celebration of American Life". I've decided the baskets will be the corner units. Check plus to me for one decision made on this fellow, still no ideas on the sashing. :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt!! Hooray for making one decision....more decisions than I have made the last couple of days LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Imagine my surprise when Crispy recommended your blog and I immediately recognized you. Glad to hear you are doing your amazing work on quilts but sorry to hear of your DH's passing. I know how much you must miss him. Good to "see" you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am once again 'wowed' by your work. It is just lovely. I live in northwest Missouri. We are prepared for heat and humidity in the summer and snow and cold in the winter. I love it here, and wouldn't have it any other way. The seasons balance each other out. Have a lovely day. Winona

    ReplyDelete