Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Not much!

I don't have much progress to show on anything....except age creeping in & up. :)

I have been out in the flower beds early in the AM's, too hot to do much past 10 outside, even in the shade of the tree. This comes from one that had a love of the sun her entire earlier life, hat less & sleeveless. I might add I am on a first name basis with the dermatologist these days as he tries to stay ahead of the spots that appear over night, seemingly.

I have curtains to begin today for the g-grandbaby's room, to match her Sunbonnet. I really dislike sewing curtains. I would toss that tidbit out that no one would dream of asking Picasso to paint a wall...cepting I 'ain't' Picasso! I have suddenly reached the point that I don't like regular sewing after sewing all my life. Definitely, the axis turns in my world.

Three Sylvia blocks & that about wraps up the day. The scrap pile decreases by nary a drop!

Ya'll have a great day from Texas...and thanks for stopping by! Give out a HUGE smile to the next stranger you meet, make them wonder what you are up to? :)

From the book: Sylvia's Bridal Sampler.......Gulf Star:
Stamp Basket:
Hands All Around:

3 comments:

  1. Your blocks are looking great. I have found that I really don't like sewing either unless it is a quilt project. I used to make all of our clothes. When our 5 kids were small I made all of their clothes. But I'm just not feeling it any more. I would much rather cut fabric up and sew it back together again. LOL Have a good day. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your blocks are beautiful and perfect! Great job :)

    I hear ya on the age thing. I think I'm falling apart right and left LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty blocks....Are you going to do that applique of the two people block? Did I already ask you that question? Old Age Memory, here LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete