Friday, July 30, 2010

Sticking and Stabbing

Good Morning from Texas!

I decided to haul Jane Stickle out yesterday (last evening, actually) & do some sticking & stabbing on her. She has been rather neglected of late & seems to have set up a whining that can not be denied. Sticking & stabbing seems to be a better description than quilting on what I do to them.

WHUT? Your quilts don't whine to be quilted? Amazing...I am moving to your house...course it could be because I have more that needs quilting than already quilted? SO, does that make them WIP's, UFO's, PIG'S or exactly what does that make them? Besides UN-quilted quilt tops? :)

I managed to turn the corner & begin down the long row on the outer edge. I need to count how many blocks I like in the actual body of the quilt. Not too many truly.

The bottom px is one I posted back awhile ago. Have not taken any new ones & my camera battery needs charging, it was protesting on the corner px.

Ya'll have a great day & a wonderful week end!

One of the corners: My quilt is named: "Jane Stickle's Journey" (from the book: 'Dear Jane' by Brenda Papadakis)

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodness! That is so lovely. Wow, you even did a dear Jane quilt! Did you count the number of pieces in it? I would guess it would be shocking. Have a good day and continue on with your quilting. It is looking good. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Riley, Absolutely breathtaking! I have 2 questions for you: How do you decide what quilting design will work best on your quilt? While using a floor frame to quilt, how do you sit so it doesn't kill your back? :)
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I wish I had done white tris instead of colored. This almost makes want to drag mine out.....almost LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I do like how your quilting your Jane!

    My DWR in the frame whimpers a little but I'm very good at ignoring it...too good in fact.

    ReplyDelete