Friday, July 23, 2010

TGIF ! (Every day here can be Friday ! :) )

GASP!
The humidity is 87% , with dew points at 68*. The only thing nice is the temperature at 76*.
You don't notice the temperature being nice with pea soup air to breathe.
To repeat myself...GASP!
I had intended to dead head a few flowers & putter around doing such outside for awhile this AM but I changed my mind. Took the household trash out to the dumpster & decided the outdoor needs would have to wait.

I am blessed with a very young hummingbird (Blackchin variety) that most likely has not been out of the nest very long. She is very small, even for her variety of bird. She stays near the patio feeder & I can see her there often through the window. If I step outside, she immediately flies toward me & gets near enough that the air she moves with her wings will slightly move my hair. She peers intently into my glasses & I am guessing she sees her own reflection & that is why the interest.

She & her kind brings a joy to the brutal heat of summer.

Thanks for coming by for a visit!Ya'll have a good day from Texas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Block 11:'Perseverance', from the book "Celebrations of American Life".
This is my least favorite block in this entire batch of patterns. I replaced & frogged that wreath 3 times & it still is skewed. SO, this block lives with a skewed wreath? (FROWN!)
Perseverance was a good name...I persevered but in the end, I did not win the game. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just had a quick look at your blog. You do absolutely lovely work! Very impressive! Happy stitchings! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I'm not seeing any skewing....Looks lovely to me!! Very cool about the baby hummingbird, they are one of my favorite birds.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete