Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sunbonnets & G-Granddaughters

The Granddaughter has been re-doing her youngest daughter's (known as Sissy to family, youngest of 2 children) room based around a Sunbonnet Sue Quilt that I appliqued for her 5th birthday. Sissy has a multitude of doll babies & loves them all. Having posted about this previously, I will not go into details except to say that this is a perfect quilt for her.

She has been searching for pictures to compliment the quilt without taking attention away from the bed. (I think the Granddaughter likes the quilt as much as Sissy! )
I suggested the idea of perhaps duplicating a center block made again, matted in the same as the bed ruffle, would be a good one for the center picture. I will repeat the one below, the block reminds me of Sissy & her sister, only 13 months apart.
I also suggested making single silhouettes of both girls in navy blue, matted in the lighter blue fabric of the dust ruffle & framing on either side of the center picture.

My suggestions seem to garner me a lot of jobs to do. :) I am in the process of starting the above today.

The block to be framed. I really need to invest in a better camera or learn to photograph pictures. The photographic skills are highly lacking here! Pitiful Picture! (Sigh)


Sissy's Sunbonnet Sue quilt on her bed, the lamp has been changed since this px to a blue shade, complete with a Sunbonnet frolicking on the shade.


Block 6..."Justice" from the book "Celebrations of American Life".....still thinking of sashing on this group of blocks.

4 comments:

  1. Another lovely block!! Your pictures look fine to me :0) Sissy's room is adorable and the new additions will really compliment it.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilts are most beautiful, my dear friend. Thank you for sharing.
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH how I love the Sunbonnet Sue quilt - you have such good color sense and wonderful work. Crispy sent me over here - I'm glad I came.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crispy sent me over too, and I am so grateful. Your quilting and applique is exquisite. I have read your blog all the way back to the beginning and have enjoyed every minute of it. I love, love Sissy's Sunbonnet Sue quilt. Also love her nickname. I am still known as Sissy in my family. Always have been and always will be. My 3 brothers couldn't say my name when they were little, so they called me Sissy. It stuck. I have become a follower and look forward to reading future posts. As you can see, I am also a rambler. LOL Have a wonderful day. Winona

    ReplyDelete