Friday, July 16, 2010

Just gabbing

They are seal coating the streets in our neighborhood. Such a hot job for those men to be doing in already miserable conditions of mid-July heat. Taking the trash out, the stench of hot tar is heavy in the air outside but inside the house, there is no smell. I will hibernate like a bear in it's winter den for another day or so & let that waft on.

I am so grateful we chewed the bullet (& had to swallow a few! :) ) & had our windows replaced last year. All new overhead fans are ordered to be replace the older fans . The new faucets were replaced yesterday. The house is now 30 years old so it needs a little face lifting.

Kinda like me but I am not getting any of that, I have earned all of my gray (God Frost sounds better) & the character lines that crease my face.

I almost finished another row in the border of 'Passing Fancy' yesterday, that should be done today. Have to take a px of it for tomorrow. I have most of the leaves, etc already cut out & ready to go for the next one.

I appreciate my follower's nice words on my applique. She has such a fabulous batch of tutes on hand work over on her blog that I would link to here (not sure of the blogging rules of etiquette on that?) but it would be like sending her back to herself. :) When I get 'younger', I hope my work looks like hers!
She has a px of her beautiful granddaughter on hers. The baby's beauty is second only to my own grands.

My blogging is really like just random thoughts to help fill the time of trying to adjust to widowhood. It has been & continues to be a hard journey.

I believe I am living up to my name & I am rambling....

Block 5.."Remembrance"...from the book: "Celebration of American Life"

2 comments:

  1. Link away my friend :0) I'm going to do a shout out of your blog in my post later today, maybe get a few of my bloggy friends to come hang out with us.

    Your current block is lovely, as usual :0)

    Crispy

    PS - We aren't very far away in ages...I'll be 60 in a few months.

    PSS - I LOVE your ramblings :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I found your blog through Crispy's posting. I love your applique - in fact I had to go on a search for the pattern you are working on now - it's a beauty!

    I'm sorry to hear you lost your DH. I think most of us in this age group are very aware that this could happen to us, too, at any time.

    I look forward to reading your blog and seeing the pictures of your wonderful work :)

    ReplyDelete