Thursday, July 15, 2010

Trying to learn blogging here! :)

Strange things happening on this new journey of trying to learn be a Blogger. Parts of my posts are disappearing from previous day's posts. (I wonder if I might be doing that by trying to drag px around?) Well, if that is my biggest problem, then it is not a very large one in the general scope of things. Right? Right! (I seem to be talking to myself! :) )

I am suffering in this heat , extremely grateful for the central heat & air that I have. I am not alone in the heat suffering. The whole country suffers. We seem to be in one major crisis after another from heat to tornadoes to the horrible thing in the Gulf, an almost world upheaval.

Enough of the heavy stuff, we all can watch that on World News.

I am progressing on my borders for the "Passing Fancy", another one being partly finished & the rest of that one is prepped--meaning cut out & ready to stitch.

The Granddaughter has brought me a small stool that goes in Sissy's room (recipient of the Sunbonnet quilt, youngest g-granddaughter) to recover the top. Told me to do as I wished. Fun to have license to do that 'whatever' with someone else's things.
I intend to cover it in a pale blue that matches the dust ruffle & then applique navy hearts with points almost tipping in a type of clover leaf look. The quilt is bound in a navy binding & I have enough to do the heart project left over.

Looked over the flower beds this AM & I see that they are surviving the heat quite well. I am glad I placed all that mulch on them earlier in the summer, cools the hot Texas sun. Pictured below is one of the many little "junk interest" things(being my junk interest! :) ) I place here & there in the beds. The flowers are Lantana, well suited to my climate.
I have many HUGE pieces of the petrified wood like the smaller turtle is sitting on. That is getting hard to find & I am glad I have a lot of it, all from the farm land of my youth.





Block 4..."Community" from the book "Celebration of American Life"

1 comment:

  1. Ah Ha!! That's why I couldn't get your blog to pull up yesterday!! I love you applique blocks :0)

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete