Sunday, July 11, 2010















If you can not have real squirrels, enjoy some fake ones? I do love playing & plunking around in the flower beds. Except for the heat....


I have begun the applique on the border of 'Passing Fancy'. Needle turn applique is my favorite thing in the whole wide world to do.

I am doing mine a tad different than Ms Diehl does hers but that is OK, we each have our own ways though I surely would not insult her by comparing my puny efforts to hers. For one thing, I don't have a staff such as she has. ha ha (Mama always said it was rude to laugh at your own jokes? I will lay this off to being senile in my advanced age. :))

I enjoy the peace of 'in & out' with the needle as it joins one layer to the next. There is no rush, no strain, no have to sit where I don't want to sit....I so enjoy the hand work.

When I bought the Janome Horizon last month, the owner of the shop kept telling me I would never use a needle to do hand work again as this machine would do everything but purchase fabric. I smiled & said probably not but I will always do hand work. (I would have to start using tranquilers if I did not do hand work....and why do that?)

2 comments:

  1. The applique is lovely....I agree there ain't nothing like it and no machine can replace it!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is spectacular!!!! I also do needleturn applique - although this year I tried machine applique - and surprisingly enough I was pretty good at it - but it is not the meditation and quiet of needleturn, which I go back to every time.

    ReplyDelete