Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Sunny Sunday in the Offing

What a nice surprise to come here & find postings from other quilters & share this love of fabric & creating.

Many thanks to Crispy for mentioning my efforts to become a blogger. Who knows? I might become a Blogging Babe in this stuff. Truth is that I can barely type, much less deal with techie stuff. I don't think that is a big worry for me though. :)
Crispy has an excellent batch of hand piecing & other wonderful tutorials on her blog. I love her freedom with the dynamic use of color....total eye candy!

I managed to make very few blocks yesterday in any of the many WIP I have going. The G-Granbabies were over in full force of 2 & that is always a busy time.

My oldest brother left life on earth on this date, following my oldest sister that had passed on June 11 , both back in 1993. So close together...just gone! I am not sure how this many years could have passed since that time?
Brothers & sisters are forever wrapped in our youth & probably know us better than we know ourselves. They were there to see all of our failings & all of our successes...and hopefully loved us in spite of the failings. Losing siblings pauses your step & reminds us of our own mortality. It reminds me again that life is precious, life is a gift, & it should never be wasted. Memories are also gifts from the past to be treasured.

Should any of you wander by, may your day be as blessed as mine surely will be!

Another block from "Sylvia's Bridal Sampler"by Jennifer Chiaverini: "Star of the Orient".




And lastly, Block 7..."Liberty" from the book "Celebration of American Life". This is truly my favorite block in this pattern book. What a handsome symbol for a country! I keep waiting for a flash of lightning ideas on sashing....it 'ain't' happened yet but it might anytime? :)



3 comments:

  1. Ooooo love the fabric in the center of the block!! The eagle block is beautiful!!

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both blocks are gorgeous. I am really glad that Crispy sent me over. I love looking at your work. I am a hand quilter, but still pretty new at applique. Have a great day. It is raining again here. I'm in northwest Missouri. Winona

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your choice of fabric for the flag and under the eagle's wings. Beautiful work :)

    I lost someone close to me about a month ago. It's a gut wrenching experience. And, you are right, it puts you up close and personal with your own mortality and how fleeting life is.

    BTW, In reading your profile, I see we have a favorite movie in common - Gone With The Wind. They don't make them like that anymore, do they? :)

    ReplyDelete