Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Goofing around


I have been outside working in the flower beds. I really need to find an online place that sells gills. The air is pea soup thick with humidity today & breathing with lungs is a difficult procedure today.
I am not sure where this humidity comes from as we are as dry as always.

The flower beds, once my pride & joy, have gotten out of control. Sweetie was sick so long & they lost importance in comparison to seeing after him. But it has been a year now since he left us & slowly, a few things are coming into focus again.... on some days anyway.

It is said the journey of a million miles begins with the first step. One foot in front of the other one.

I am letting joints rest from the vigorous hand quilting taking place on 'The Journey of Jane Stickle" . I like lots of things going on & switch from one to the other. Takes longer to finish something but I like it that way. I always finish what I begin eventually.

I am beginning to piece Sylvia's Bridal Sampler from the stash heap. Scraps are like wire coat hangers, when you turn out the lights, they must reproduce in the darkness? Especially the ugly scraps that you wonder why you bought to begin with?

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are able to get back to your lovely quilt. I have several but not any like this. It is such an interesting pattern. I would love having it. Take care and time takes care of so many things.

    ReplyDelete