Saturday, May 1, 2010

Chapters in the Book
I have been doing some thinking(always dangerous) & have come to the conclusion that life is something like a book with many chapters contained inside. You can purchase books in many forms, hard back, soft back, etc. But the pages pretty much read the same whatever form you choose.

Some books are better than others,holding your attention almost from page one. Others seem to drag along for a chapter or two, then they pick up & hold your interest once again. But there are also some books that you cast aside & never finish.

The cover of my book (life) is well worn. It has served as an interesting container for the many years that I have been privileged to be on earth. I have seen many changes, most for the good of mankind and a few not so good. It has been an interesting journey to say the least. I have met some wonderful & precious people in my travels through time...and some... well, not so great. More good than bad though, proving that good always wins in the end.

Occasionally , I ear marked a page so I can come back & look at it again, someday. It really is damaging to a book to fold that page down & we all know better than to do that. But again, the information was too important to not make note of. I marked it so I could find it again.

Chapter after chapter of my life was folded down & ear marked by being married to a good man for over 50 years. That marriage produced two beautiful daughters. I am still looking at those chapters & finding what was important to remember & there is a lot! There is so much good written there that it may take forever to read through those chapters again.
Most pages contain happy memories but some are marked with tears. The chapter that holds the past year with out him by my side has held many tears. I have had to come to terms with many things in the past year, and not just his passing.

I know someday I will get to the point that I will begin to turn those ear marks up. Someday... but not today....and not tomorrow...and probably not really ever? But I do think there are still chapters to read or perhaps .......even to be written.
Someday....

No comments:

Post a Comment