Wednesday, December 2, 2009

52 nd Anniversary

Today is my 52nd wedding anniversary. I am trying to remember to celebrate the 51 ½ years that we shared together, rather than listen to my heart weep.

52 years ago tonight that I looked up into the bluest eyes I had ever seen & pledged before God & Man to “ love , honor, & cherish until death do us part.” For all those years, I kept that promise, as did the man I was pledging my words to.

Do I have any regrets? Oh yes, I do!
If I could do any of those years over:
I would clean less & remember to hold his hand more.
Sit with him & watch his TV Westerns .
I would smile more & frown less.
Sit beside him & tell him how much I appreciated him.
I would work less hours at an outside job or perhaps not at all.
I would be in no hurry, I would be more patient.
The list could go on & on....................

He honored me with his last name, a name I hope that I have / will honor in my actions & deeds. He was a good man, an honorable & decent man…….and I will always love & miss him.

1 comment:

  1. You were both truly blessed to be married for more than 50 years.

    ReplyDelete